Oceania Cinematographical Database
This database contains information on films (mainly documentaries) on Oceania (without Australia and New Zealand) that has been collected by Saskia Goëken in pre-WWW and pre-DVD times: 1984-1986. The list of distributors is from that period too and may not be valid anymore. Purpose of the database is to save information on older films in the hope this will contribute to the saving of the films themselves. Many of the films are in the database 'Moving Images of the Pacific Islands' of the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, but not all. Distributors may differ too.
Other databases with information on films with ethnographic footage from Oceania are:
- Bishop Museum Archives
- British Film Institute
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Images
- Documentary Educational Resources
- Filmlijst Stichting Papua Cultureel Erfgoed
- Institut für den Wissenschaftlichen Film
- Instituut voor Beeld en Geluid
- Moving Images of the Pacific Islands
- New Zealand National Film Unit
Some documents with information on films with ethnographic footage from Oceania are:
- International Committee on Ethnographical and Sociological Films. 1970. Premier catalogue sélectif international de films ethnographiques sur la région du Pacifique. Paris: UNESCO.
- Laroche, M.C. 1966. Scientific Documentaries and Films of Documentary Interest Shot by French Film Makers in the South Pacific. Paris: UNESCO.
- Young, C. and Carpenter, E. 1966. Films Made by Americans in the Pacific Which Have Any Anthropological or Ethnographic Significance. Paris: UNESCO.